Friday, February 6, 2009

And the sickness continues....

Well, I spoke a little too soon in the last post that Delaney was getting over her cold. She was a little crab all week and just wasn't herself. She was still having trouble sleeping. I still am fighting this nasty cold and just can't quite seem to get rid of it. Yesterday was the first day that Delaney really seemed to be doing better and was back to her playful self again. We had a really good evening of playing and having fun and she didn't even make a stink when I changed her into her pajamas (that should have been my signal right there!). We sat down in the rocking chair for a bottle and she wouldn't drink any of it. She kept fussing and tossing and turning and sure enough, puke everywhere. I didn't know that little stomach could hold so much food. She perked up once we cleaned everything up and seemed to be doing much better. She came to bed with me and she woke up again at 10:15 and puked again. Poor little thing. I wiped her down and I think she was back asleep before I even laid her down again. That was it, but we stayed home today so she could rest. May I just say that putting in flooring and tearing up the carpet has paid for itself tenfold when things like this happen!!
She seems to be feeling much better today. We just got back from grocery shopping and she had fun getting out of the house.
On top of all of it, Dan has an inflamed disk in his back so he is pretty much incapacitated right now too. What a household we are!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so sorry!!! We are going through the sickness thing over here too. We've seen Dr. D way to many times this week. :)

Hope you ALL feel better soon.

HannahPeterson said...

Oh man Laneysa, what a go of it you're having. You and Jodi could make up a sick ward together. LOL! Hope you don't get the stomach sickies and get better soon!