Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

I would love to post a long eloquent post about the new year and resolutions and what the past year has been for us, but I am too tired from having a little one with a double ear infection who can't sleep all week. So, instead I will say that our New Year's was spent sleeping except for waking up for the sound of all the fireworks in the neighborhood. However, not to be left out, Delaney woke up and was up from 1 until 5 due to medicines, ear infection, digestion issues, etc. I will say that the last few days have probably been my most trying days as a parent so far with Delaney extremely crabby and fragile, but it has been good for teaching me lessons in patience and I have gotten a few extra hugs and kisses from her. Today, due to Dan catching her cold and the utter need for Delaney and I to get out of the house, she and I went to the zoo all by ourselves. We had a great, yet cold time. Delaney even got to try her first hot chocolate.

It is back to the routine starting tomorrow and while I am sad the holidays are over, I am ready to get back into the swing of things. Right now, I am just hoping for some sleep and wellness for all of us. Well, I hope the long eloquent post is still coming sometime, but I will make no guarantees. Christmas pictures are coming as well, but sometime when I can think clearly and not be running on caffeine along. So, we hope you all had a Happy New Year and wishing you all a wonderful 2010!

Since there are no big loads of Christmas pictures, here is a short little video of my wee one being a ham and cracking me up~

No comments: