Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! This was actually our first "normal" Mother's Day. My first one was right after my grandma passed away and last year all three of us were horribly sick. So, it was nice to have a nice, relaxing, uneventful Mother's Day. We got up, went to church, came home and had lunch, did a little shopping with my mom, and played outside in the beautiful weather. This last year I have had so many quintessential "mom" moments. Delaney can now listen to an entire conversation and only pick up on the one phrase that is not appropriate for her to repeat and then repeat it 17 times. She lost her temper and tried to hit me when it was time for her to stop playing in the sink (a huge favorite right now) and when I calmly asked her what she was doing, she calmly replied, "I hit mommy". Now, while she was being mean, she said it with such honesty and without any sense of shame about it that I couldn't help but snicker once she had her time out. She plays make believe now and loves to make imaginary tea for me. She sings songs all the time except they are all to the tune of "ABC's" and "Twinkle, Twinkle little star". She helps me bake all the time but absolutely HATES the hand mixer. I try to find recipes that don't require it, but sometimes it just can't be avoided. I could go on and on about her, but I won't put you all through that. So, here are some pictures from Mother's Day of my sweet little girl and my reason I get to celebrate. I couldn't imagine life without this little nugget.





Happy Mother's Day!!


No comments: