Sunday, June 14, 2009

A playdate and the consequences of no nap

I am at home on a Wednesday morning so I thought it would be a good time to update the blog. Delaney got pinkeye again and so sure enough, so did I. So, we are enjoying our day at home with our contagious disease and trying to figure out what to do since I don't think I want to venture out with one eye half swollen shut. Anyway, on to the blog. This last Saturday we met up with Jodi and Shawn and their little guys, Austin and Riley. Riley is just 6 weeks younger than Delaney. We went to Chambers Creek and did the walk there and let the kids get out and play in the grass for a while. Delaney had a good time, but it wore her out (as you will see later).
This was about as close as Delaney and Riley got to each other. They made sure to keep some distance.









Delaney fell asleep in her stroller on the walk for the last 20 minutes and then woke up when we got to the car. We went home, had lunch and then she went down for her nap. Except she never napped. She laid in there for almost an hour and a half, but never slept. I would check on her and she would be playing and talking to her animals, but no sleep. Finally, I realized it was useless and let her get up. However, by about dinner time, Delaney was exhausted. She was eating her dinner and I was at the computer doing some stuff. I turned around and she was busy eating her veggies. About a minute later, I hear Dan say, "Delaney?" and I turn around to this. Poor little thing just couldn't take it anymore. This kid is dead to the world the first hour or so she is asleep. We tried to wake her up because we knew otherwise she would be up at about 3 am. There was just no doing it. We let her take a little cat nap and then she finally did wake up and eat some grapes and play for about a half hour and then was ready for bed for the night. My goodness, I don't realize how big she is getting until I see pictures like this. My little girl is growing up so fast!

2 comments:

Ken and Hannah said...

Sounds like a fun time! You and Jodi's kiddos are getting way too big. I need to see you guys this summer!

Jodi said...

So cute! I love this! :)