Tuesday, April 14, 2009

First steps!!

Delaney took her first steps today. In the same manner that she does everything else, it had to be her idea and it had to be on her terms. Mom and Dad were not right there desperately pleading with her to take steps or trying to help her along. No, she stopped by the couch to eat a couple graham cracker bunnies, made sure both Dan and I were watching, and then let go and took three steps before falling over. It was as if she was telling us, "See, I can do it myself". Then then just to prove that it wasn't an accident, she crawled over by me in the chair, pulled herself up and took another two steps. That has been it for the evening. Dan and I now know that we cannot persuade her, cannot coax her, and cannot bribe her to walk. She will do it when she wants and she will do it herself. That is our independent little girl.

No comments: