Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The sickness has invaded

Yes, we are all sick again. Actually, we went a few months there without anything. We are unsure who brought this nasty cold into the house, but all three of us have it. Sunday, Delaney and I woke up with a stuffy nose. She went to daycare and I went to work on Monday, and then Monday night it got worse. Tuesday she woke up with a horrible cough and stuffy nose. We both stayed home that day. Dan has had the sore throat part of it, but he had to work 14 hour days on Monday and Tuesday, so that didn't help him. Today, Delaney got to go spend a couple hours with Grandma Marlene so I could go in and finish payroll and then we have been back at the house ever since. I am following her around with Kleenex everywhere or else we have little "snail trails" all over everything. She was up for a few hours during the night last night, but of course was still wide awake at 6 am. Hopefully, we will be reaching the end of this thing soon. She is still playing like normal and won't sit still for a minute, but she is slightly more crabby when things don't go just right. Even with the sickness, I am enjoying this extra time with her. Although being up with her at 2 in the morning is not the ideal, she was laying next to me and reached out and grabbed my hand and looked me right in the eyes, and I didn't care what time it was.


Oh, and I ate almost an entire pan of Rice Krispie treats while at home on Tuesday. Not proud of it, but there it is. I would like to say Delaney helped, but I think she ate maybe a square inch and that was it. Oh well.


Here's our little sickie: