Friday, September 4, 2009

The August catch-up

I am finally catching up on the last month. We had a very busy end of July and August with a trip, wedding, birthdays, and the general craziness that a one-year old causes. Delaney and I spend two days home this week because she got the stomach flu and was not feeling good. I came out Wednesday morning to check on her while I was getting ready and usually she is wandering around with her bottle and watching Sesame Street and I came out and found her just laying on the floor on her blanket and hadn't touched her milk. I knew she wasn't good then, but then the throwing up started. I will spare the gory details, but there was a LOT of laundry to do after that morning. She had perked back up by evening and was pretty much back to herself. We stayed home Thursday too since she still had a little fever, but she is getting some molars too, so the fever could even be from that. Anyway, here are some pics of her from this past month. I can't believe it is already September!
Check out our long-legged little one. Surprise, surprise, we spend some time at the zoo. I know, its shocking. But here she is showing no fear with the goats.

Peek-a-boo!

Her is our big girl on her half birthday (August 20). This makes her an official 1 1/2 year old.


Her daycare had a luau day one day and the kids got to have some special treats (have I mentioned I love her daycare?). Anyway, I picked her up and they had put some flower combs in her hair and she had a little lei that she could take home. Here is our little Hawaiian girl.


And, here she is after pudding.
I have no words...


Why wouldn't you ride a pink pony with no shirt on and sunglasses? Why? (Ignore the fact that she had just taken all her dirty clothes out of the hamper and sprinkled them around her room.)

Oh, and Dan and I celebrated some special birthdays this August, I turned the big 3-0 and Dan hit the 35 mark. So, to celebrate, I surprised him with a room up in Seattle and tickets to a favorite comedian of ours, Demetri Martin. We were in a time crunch once we got to the hotel because we had to get checked in, go have dinner, and get to the show by 7:30, so of course we didn't bring the camera. So, this was one of the only pictures of our little weekend away. My mom was kind enough to watch Delaney for us (although I think Delaney had a grand time being spoiled at Grandma's) and it was nice for us to get away. This was the view from our room at the Hyatt.




There, now I am officially caught up on pictures!

No comments: