Thursday, September 24, 2009

Do the Puyallup!

We went to the Puyallup Fair last night. Dan hurt his back, so he had to stay home, but Delaney and I braved it anyway. We were able to meet up with Grandma Marlene once we got there to wander around and look at all the animals. Then at dinnertime, Grandma Charlene was able to join us too for the festivities. I didn't know what to expect with Delaney, but she really seemed to enjoy all the sights and sounds. There was the major meltdown when it was time to get back in the stroller after the must-have Krusty Pup, but other than that, she did pretty well. She was even able to go on a couple rides (although we had to tell the guy that she was 2 since all kids are supposed to be 2 to ride any of the rides). This was Delaney's first time to the Puyallup Fair since we didn't take her last year and I'm positive she will have even more fun next year. Here she is right after we got parked and ready to go in. I think she was excited to see where we were going. I picked her up early from daycare and we usually don't get to go on many errands during the weeknights, so she knew something was up. She gave me this big grin when I asked if she was ready to go to the fair. Here it is: Looking at the little chicks. These were the naked neck chicks (that was the official name, I'm not making that up). They had, you guessed it, naked necks.
She liked the chicks. She liked looking at all of the animals. I don't think she realized horses were actually that big in real life. We went and looked at the Draft horses and I think she was amazed at how big they were. But she just waved and said "Hi horsey" and "Bye horsey" to all of them.


The little piglets.
Delaney being a goofball when she realized Grammie was taking a picture of her looking at the piglets.

Delaney and I enjoying our corn. Well, I only had a couple bites and Delaney polished off most of it all by herself.


She LOVES corn on the cob. Even better at the fair!

We rode the train around Sillyville. This was the ride the guy asked how old she was before we could get on. We sat on a bench and rode around on a train. I don't think a few months made much of a difference...


The last ride of the evening, the carousel. Yes, we go on it at the zoo all the time, but not at night at the fair. She said "horsey" every time she saw the carousel so I knew we would wind up on it. By this point, it was past bedtime and she was running on fumes, but it was a good end to a fun outing. Thanks to both Grandma's that were out there. We had a blast!

No comments: