Sunday, September 27, 2009

My latest creation

I made a Chocolate Peanut Butter cake. And may I just say, whoever thought of combining peanut butter and cream cheese...Thank you! The cream cheese frosting was delicious. This was my first time making this cake and I'm sure it won't be the last. It was also the first time I made a ganache for a cake (also chocolate and peanut butter) and it added this wonderful fudgy layer to the cake. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the inside once it got cut, but I was very happy with how it turned out. I got this recipe off one of my favorite websites, Smitten Kitchen. You can find the link to the recipe here http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/08/chocolate-peanut-butter-cake/

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Very nice sister! I would have loved to eat it :)

Lizzy said...

OMG! That looks delish! You better be making me one of those for my birthday...